I have a bunch, so I’m just going to make a list. It’s crazy that I am at the end of my first year already, but here we are. Here’s some of what I learned along the way:
- You’ll want to try everything, but don’t get overwhelmed. It’s good to have a night to yourself every now and then
- That being said – don’t lock yourself in your room. Get out there – you never know what’s going on around campus.
- Don’t be afraid to say hi, or ask to join in. I met all of my friends playing board games in Walker lobby.
- Check your email often – it’s a good way to stay up to date on things going on about campus
- Remember to take care of yourself – this is the first time you’re on your own, probably. Make sure you eat and stay hydrated.
- Find a good study spot. There are a ton of places on campus, each with its own environment. I learned pretty early on no work will get done for me in the union, because I usually ended up talking to someone or getting pulled into some activity.